Sunday 21 September 2014

First post: Overview: What I'm doing and why!

Alright guy's? So you found my dark corner of the internet. Well done, I'd be surprised if many people do =)

Anyhow, incase you couldn't tell from the title of this blog (and if you couldn't, may I suggest seeking medical help, although not from the Cumberland Infirmary considering the hoo-haa they're in at the minute), this is going to be all about music in and around Carlisle. That might be a bad title, seeing as I plan to cover stuff that's happening in Cumbria and Dumfries and Galloway, but Music in and around Carlisle is a lot easier than Music in and around Cumbria and Dumfries and Galloway! It's too long a title. Not as long as 

Discombubulated corpse termination urbanization government alibation explosive montazumas blasting power revenge but still too bloody long!

Right, enough rambling about random shit, let's get on with it! 

What I'm doing:

A blog (obviously) that will follow bands in the local area, as well as talk and review certain bands that come to our area (which could be more often if the Old Fire Station is successful). Hopefully I'll also be able to bring you some interviews with band's.

Why I'm doing it:

Mainly because of this video which I suggest you watch! It's full of interesting things about the local area, although I'm surprised that the Sand's Centre only got one mention. Not that there's that much going on in the world of music there (although they are getting some top notch comedians), but it's still Carlisle's biggest venue. Oh well! 

Right, so there you have it! I'll be doing some reviews this week of DragonForce (23rd September at the Brickyard, I'm wetting my self over it) and Die No More (27th September at the Brickyard, should be pretty cool). If you can get yourself down to these shows and get moshing!!!

I've got to go now, today Peppa Pig's Big Splash is on at the Sand's, and Downton Abbey's on tonight so I don't want to over do it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment